Battery light wont go out but battery is charging

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Leo Johannes
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel 4wd wagon. I have done zero modifications exept repairing some rust

Battery light wont go out but battery is charging

Post by Leo Johannes »

My tercels battery light won’t go out but my battery is charging. I can find nothing wrong with the charging the battery ans alternator is new. Could it maybe be the ic regulator?
Paul
Advanced Member

Re: Battery light wont go out but battery is charging

Post by Paul »

Check the battery voltage while it's running at idle in neutral. If its above 15 volts, the light can come on to warn you that the battery is suffering.
Leo Johannes
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel 4wd wagon. I have done zero modifications exept repairing some rust

Post by Leo Johannes »

That ia not the problem, it began to light wgen the alternator and ic regulator broke but after changing those it is still on
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

What is an IC regulator?

There are two types of alternators for these cars: internally and externally regulated. Most of them are internally regulated. I have heard of people accidentally putting in the wrong type of alternator and having problems from that. Could that be a possibility here?