New post-wash shots

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Just washed my car today, and last week I cleaned out the trunk for the first time since I bought it. It was a mess, with previous owner dog hair, pine needles, grass, dirt and small rocks. I thought I'd post some shots, since I haven't taken any of it since I clayed it a coouple months ago.
Here goes, please comment or whatever!

Here's some water beading action, plus some shine as I rinse off the soap:

Here's my trunk, which you probably figured out anyway. Is anyone's luggage cover thing not worn where the hatch closes?:

Same shot, cover attached to hatch:

Interior photo, probably the same as everyone elses' except for the fog light switch made from a read window defrost:

Haven't done a reflection pic in a while:

My new 'Toyota' decal, a couple weeks old:

I sit here:

Center passenger cam!!

Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Passenger's side view:

End result from a pretty thorough cleaning:

Now that my new fenders are on, for the first time I can shoot the driver's side of my car:

Wheel and polish I use for 'em:

We were talking about RPMs in certain gears the other day, here's my car (photo taken my GF) at speed. This is fifth gear, and 3,000 is my typical shift point. I'm outta gears and I'm at minimum highway speed. The Tercel seems most comfy at this speed. The best part is I'm in the power band the whole time on the highway.

Finally, here's a photo of my 4WD light and idiot lights. I'm replacing the bulb for my speedometer tomorrow. But until then I can go as fast as I want at night and plead ignorance if I get pulled over :blink: .

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

dcn -
I thought I liked you - I gave Goldie a glance at your pix, and now I hear mutterings
of discontent and rebellion when I climb inside her.
Aaackk - your car is so - well - nice !
The bumpers are so cherry...
Tom M.
:-)
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Inkyturbo
Top Notch Member

Post by Inkyturbo »

How did you get a new Toyota decal? I want to repaint my car, but I would lose that.
Josh G.

Joy is passing a brand new car at 80 in the fastlane, with your 22 year old Japanese economy car.

1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon (4WD, SR5)
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Awww c'mon ARCHINSTL, we've both got Tercels, they're just good at 2 different things! Mine will never see a dirt road if I can see about it, whereas you're probably a lot less limited as far as terrain you can explore. My car handles the glamorous :lol: side of Terceldom, while yours is out gettin' it done. Tell Goldie she does a damn good job at whatever it is she does! Also let her know that I cheated a little, I put some tire snot on 'em for extra sheen. And if you notice I've got a spring poking out through the back of the passenger seat. It's attacked a few of my friends, some of whom I think have made a comment or two about me taking my car too seriously, spending too much time cleaning and being worried about it staying clean. That's what they get for bad mouthing my Tercel, it was right to do it. Maybe a little tetanus will change their tone. Bro, Dad, and me all love the wagon, friend or two has expressed negative thoughts toward it. We don't have scratches on our leg, she does. Coincidence? The only time I spend back there is vacuuming, but still..

Inky;

I had the Toyota decal made at a custom graphics store here in Halifax. Any reasonably large town should have something similar. We shaded (you know, like people do with names on monuments) the old decal with a pencil with a piece of paper o'er it so we'd have the right dimensions and font (if font existed in the eigh-tays), and went from there. Dad had purchased a real deal decal from 'yota about 5 years ago, so we were able to eyeball the correct color. It really cleaned up the back of the car. Counting the wheels it's the second bright thing I've done to my car that I'm happy with. Whenever I tweak the look a little it seems to look better than I thought it would. At this rate maybe I need a CF hood or something..

The decal cost me 15 bucks or so. Well worth the cost. I'd recomment doing it.

One thing I noticed while looking out the window of the new Applebee's last week was that the Jeep Liberty comes in a colour almost exactly like my car. I think it's this one:

The sled was parked a couple rows over from a new Liberty and the closeness was nutty. Something to maybe keep in mind if I ever get the car resprayed.

Thanks again for the compliments, I love discussing the 4WD.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

dcn -
Actually, the only time Goldie is "off road" is when she is on my driveway, which is gravel,
which in itself is rather common in my older inner suburb of STL.
And I just noticed the rather clever pix of the reflection of the metal polish in your wheel.
At first I thought that was some kind of sticker on your wheel - then I noticed the can on
the pavement.
Now you really know how to shame a guy !
Tom M.
:-)
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Inkyturbo
Top Notch Member

Post by Inkyturbo »

dcn wrote: That's what they get for bad mouthing my Tercel, it was right to do it. Maybe a little tetanus will change their tone.

Inky;

I had the Toyota decal made at a custom graphics store here in Halifax. Any reasonably large town should have something similar. We shaded (you know, like people do with names on monuments) the old decal with a pencil with a piece of paper o'er it so we'd have the right dimensions and font (if font existed in the eigh-tays), and went from there.
For the first: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the second- thanks. And my compliments to your car. One thing I noticed that is great about my car is the reaction when a 22 year old economy car passes them in the left lane going 80 and not breaking a sweat...
Josh G.

Joy is passing a brand new car at 80 in the fastlane, with your 22 year old Japanese economy car.

1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon (4WD, SR5)
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Thanks ARCHINSTL. Actually that reflection shot was a bit of a plug for that polish, 'tis good shtuff. Had to order it online to get it since it's not avail in Canada, like a lot of the NXT stuff, but it was a pretty good price.

Another great reaction is my own whenever I try to take off on a hill. Dry pavement at the flick of a lever's a neat option for a car. I don't know if I'm too excited about owning a car that's only 2WD when/if I need a new one someday.
xaserII

Post by xaserII »

Hey DCN
nice car mate however i have a suggestion... the next set of tires you buy for your terc make sure you get 185/80/13s or upgrade to a 14 inch rim. i despise those mickey mouse tires.
oh ya and dont be afraid to take it off road. get it stuck in the mud or something.
i love the interior. the black carpet and the bucket seats. ive got the utilitarian version for sure.
also is that a sony cd/mp3 player? ive got the same deck i think. do you have a problem with it at all. mine is kinda querky. it doesnt play the cd in the same spot when i shut the car off. i have to select cd everytime and scroll to the song last played.
info is appreciated...
cool ride
x
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Yeah, it's a Sony deck, a CDX-5000X. It's about 3 years old now, never had aproblem with it. I bought the optional unit that allows you to use the input jacks in the back, it's got composite, even USB jacks now. It even plays CD-RWs, which it says it doesn't..

I'd have bigger wheels, but I like to keep everything looking stock if I can, that's why I've never been into stickers or wings, not just on my car, but any other old car.

I actually had the car on a non paved area yesterday, my brother and I were out train hunting and we drove on a very loose gravel former railbed where the tracks had been torn up. To walk on it was as if you'd sink when you took a step, but 4WD handled it fine.

T'was fun!

Our new Mazda has 15'' tires, and the car I'm hoping to eventually get comes with 17s which look nice!
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

We were talking about RPMs in certain gears the other day, here's my car (photo taken my GF) at speed. This is fifth gear, and 3,000 is my typical shift point. I'm outta gears and I'm at minimum highway speed. The Tercel seems most comfy at this speed. The best part is I'm in the power band the whole time on the highway.
[QUOTE]
Yeah my Terc has the same sweet spot!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

We've got the same car though, I bet the guys with the older Tercels wouldn't be revving that high at the same speed. Prolly be around 600 RPM slower judging by my Dad's '84.
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

w0w it looks brand new! supa-clean! i love it!
DontFive

Post by DontFive »

Hey,

really clean car, i am so excited to get mine. I have been tirelessly thinking up new ideas on what to do to my Tercel and this is one of them. I hope you don't mind that I used your car as an example:

-Paul
Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

dcn wrote: I actually had the car on a non paved area yesterday, my brother and I were out train hunting and we drove on a very loose gravel former railbed where the tracks had been torn up. To walk on it was as if you'd sink when you took a step, but 4WD handled it fine.
Be very careful there! That's how it always starts.

Just like Mary Jane...after the first toke...you always want another. Then pretty soon it's on to the hard stuff.

In this case....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/gallery/rocn05/aam
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...