Stainless Brake Lines

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Stainless Brake Lines

Post by SynthDesign »

I've come to the point where I'm tired of using pull-a-part brake lines. I just ripped out my driver side front and my rears are cracking pretty bad. I've tried the Bendix and Dorman replacement lines and they are garbage! Both suffered from line swell and a squishy pedal and I later went back to used factory lines.
After two days of research and a few phone calls and emails I've concluded that there is no aftermarket stainless braided hose kit available. I went through the listings from Goodridge and a few other manufacturers and compared various Toyota models to see if there was anything close... Nodda.

I came across a company in Grasstoots Motorsports, Techna-Fit. I gave them a call and spoke with Stuart for a bit. He is more than willing to make a few sets. They are DOT approved and have had a pretty good rep with the MR2 and Supra guys. Pricing is looking to be around $120 for the set of four lines.
toyotaintro_r1_c1.jpg
http://www.techna-fit.com/index.html

So the questions is, who's interested?
I was thinking a set for the basic 4WD Tercel and a set for the Upgraded Vented caliper 4WD Tercel.

Either way I'm going to have a set made for myself. It's just cheaper if we go bulk, maybe 5 of each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Stainless Brake Lines

Post by Petros »

I used the MR2 front flex lines on my brake up-grade. These look very similar to the Camry front flex hose in terms of length and fittings. So I would guess that you would not need "custom" hose for the front brake conversion. The rears would be the same of course.

I have had good luck with the factory flex houses, but those should firm up the brake pedal nicely, and ad some bling. I am low on funds right now, but I will consider a full set when it comes time to replace mine.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Petros, you used the aw11 mr2 hoses. Can you send me a pic of the front hose as you have it mounted?

The 90's tercel line is a bit long and bulky. Stuart said he can make them in any length or add a different chassis mount.
Here's what I have on my with toyota factory 94 tercel lines. Not very pretty
brake setup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

This picture below is from my Brake Upgrade thread. They are a bit longer than ideal I think, but the way I used tie-wraps on them they are held securly. If you switch to the corolla GTS or Celtic struts you will have the correct mount for the MR2 hoses, or it would be nice to find a way to bolt or clamp on a similar mount. So far the tie wraps have held up well, I recently inspected them when replacing a half shaft.

'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)